A delegation of Iranian negotiators have left for the Swiss city of Lausanne to hold a new round of talks with the P5+1 global powers on Iran’s nuclear program.
The negotiating delegation, led by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, left Tehran for Lausanne on Wednesday.
The new round of talks between Iran and the six countries is scheduled to kick off on March 26. The talks are expected to run until March 29.
The latest round of nuclear negotiations ended in Lausanne on March 20 after six days of intensive and serious talks between representatives from Iran, United States and the European Union.
The Iranian foreign minister said on Friday that “good progress” had been made over the six days of the latest round of negotiations and pointed out that some work still needed to be done.
US secretary of State John Kerry also said, “We’ve made a lot of progress.”
The talks between the United States and Iran are part of broader negotiations between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 group -- the US, Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany -- to reach a comprehensive agreement on Tehran’s nuclear program as a deadline set for July 1 draws closer.